Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Return to Siam Inter Thai

We returned to this London Road restaurant as the prospect of macaroni cheese from a box was unappealing to Steve, I’d have been quite happy to have this but as we were already in Steers Beers and in such close proximity it seemed almost rude not to. I was literally beaming with happiness when we entered; I’d had a pretty stressful day and was thoroughly chuffed about being treated to a meal, courtesy of my thoughtful and caring bf. I’d noticed as we walked up the ramp that the external signage has slightly changed and it now read Thai Cuisine rather than Siam Inter, inside too had been changed dramatically, gone was the fishy smell, instead the place had new décor and it looked great. We ordered curries this time, I had gaeng ge-ree gai, a delicate yellow curry with chicken and potaoes, he had red curry with chicken. We both ordered a portion of steamed rice and I ate the thai crackers as we waited.

As I looked around I noticed that every diner’s meal looked absolutely massive and when I was presented with by decidedly smaller meal I was very disappointed. This feeling did not last long though after I’d tasted my first mouthful, oooweee, it was delicious. A perfect thai curry, just the right amount of heat, sweetness and tang. I tasted the curry opposite and that was great too, a little too hot for me, after too much I wouldn’t have enjoyed it but it was great to taste. The portions were perfect too, just the right amount of each, as usual my eyes were bigger than my stomach.

This was a totally different dining experience from our first where we'd ordered a set menu, we had less choice but chose more for our own tastes and this served us well. The meal itself cost about £20 which I think was a great price for the quality of the food, surrounding and service, we both left extremely satisfied and slightly annoyed that we didn’t have enough change for a tip – not to worry we’ll make it up to them next time as we’re sure to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment